(1) With the view of promoting tourism sector and to reduce the upfront cost of local manufacturing industry, PAL on the items classified under HS Codes 0712.20.00, 0712.90.10 and 7801.10.00 will be reduced to 2.5%.
(2) The lapidary sector will be encouraged by the removal of PAL on the items classified under HS Codes 8464.10.00, 8464.20.00 and 8464.90.00.
(3) PAL on the high tech machinery and equipment items classified under HS Codes specified will be reduced to 2.5%.
(4) In order to remove the disparity between direct imports and purchase from BOI companies, PAL on the sale of pleasure or excursion vessels and yachts manufactured by any BOI company to another BOI company which chartering such vessels and yachts for its business, will be removed.
(5) With the view of promoting livestock industry, PAL will be removed on the importation of Lucerne (alfalfa) meal and pellets.